WCD Selects 2023 Visionary Awards Honorees
Women Corporate Directors (WCD) select Aquafil Group, Midmark Corporation, LIXIL Group, Luiza Trajano, and Henrietta Fore as the 2023 Visionary Awards Honorees to be honored at the 12th annual Visionary Awards Celebration and Dinner.
The award ceremony, to be held at Casa Cipriani Hotel in New York City on June 8 at 5:30 p.m. (ET), will recognize companies and individuals who exhibit an exceptional corporate commitment to diversity, inclusion and women’s leadership in the boardroom. As part of WCD’s larger event, the 2023 Global Institute, this two-day conference covers an expansive discussion on corporate governance issues with global corporate leaders who will provide thought leadership, insight and best practices on today’s most pressing issues facing boards and executive leadership teams.
WCD is delighted to be honoring our most geographically diverse group of award winners ever, a tribute to our members serving on corporate boards around the globe. These leaders and companies exemplify successful and sustainable corporate leadership and a deep commitment to developing diverse and inclusive executive leadership and boardrooms.
CEO, Women Corporate Directors
The 2023 Visionary Award recipients will be honored in the categories of:
- WCD Visionary Award for Leadership and Governance of a Public Company: Presented to LIXIL Group, accepted by Jin Song Montesano, Director, Representative Executive Officer, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, Communications, External Affairs, and Impact Strategy, and Chief People Officer of LIXIL Corporation
- WCD Visionary Award for ESG Leadership: Presented to Aquafil Group, accepted by Giulio Bonazzi, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- WCD Visionary Award for Leadership and Governance of a Private Company: Presented to Midmark Corporation, accepted by Anne Eiting Klamar, Chair
- WCD Visionary Award for Strategic Leadership: Presented to Luiza Trajano, accepted by Luiza Helena Trajano, Chair of Magazine Luiza
- Susan Stautberg WCD Membership Leadership Award: Presented to Henrietta Fore, Former Executive Director, UNICEF, Former Administrator of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID); Former Director, General Mills; Former Director, ExxonMobil and Chairman and CEO of Holsman International
The recipients were selected by WCD’s Visionary Awards Selection Committee, a group of fourteen members representing all regions around the globe, based on the honorees’ continued commitment and efforts in their areas of recognition.
“This year’s award recipients have demonstrated incredible diversity and skill, each one pushing the boundaries and setting a high standard for others to follow,” said Jennifer Sondergaard, co-chair of WCD’s Visionary Awards Selection Committee.
“Our selection committee is honored to be a part of the process to recognize these leading companies and individuals worldwide who continually make a significant contribution to boardroom diversity,” according to Lucy Pamboukdjian, co-chair of WCD’s Visionary Awards Selection Committee.
“KPMG’s long-standing commitment to DE&I is one of many reasons why our firm has been the Presenting Sponsor of the WCD Global Institute and Visionary Awards since their inception. We are proud to recognize the accomplishments of each award recipient who consistently demonstrate their values by modeling inclusive behaviors for others to emulate,” said Karen Mitchell Curran, KPMG Partner and Lead Director, Women Corporate Directors Foundation.
A unique global network, the Women Corporate Directors Foundation (WCD), has served as the place where the most powerful and influential women in the world have convened for over 20 years. We work to increase women’s representation and influence in corporate boardrooms worldwide and inspire diverse and visionary boards.
WCD represents the preeminent women leaders in business today. With 70 chapters around the world, WCD members serve on thousands of boards across six continents. WCD’s members serve on more than 8500 boards globally. With 2500 members, our community includes CEOs, board chairs, lead directors, C-Suite executives, board members, and heads of global divisions in the major indices, such as S&P 500, FTSE 250, DAX, Nikkei, and beyond.