This Privacy Notice describes how Women Corporate Directors Education and Development Foundation, Inc. (“WCD”, “we”, “us”, “our”) collects, uses, and shares your personal information and your choices in connection with this. This Privacy Notice applies to www.womencorporatedirectors.org and the services offered thereon (collectively, the “Website”).
Information We Collect
Through your use of our Website, we collect personal information, which is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual. We collect personal information directly from you and automatically as you use our Website.
A. Information You Provide To Us
If you engage with certain features of our Website, we will collect personal information from you. Specifically, we collect personal information from you when you:
- Apply for membership. If you apply for membership with WCD, we will collect your name, email address, telephone number, physical address, educational history, and employment history. We use this personal information to manage and assess your application for membership. The legal basis for this processing is performance of our contract with you.
- Apply to be a sponsor. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor for WCD events, we will collect your name, title, company, email address, and telephone number. We use this personal information to process and manage your sponsorship inquiry. The legal basis for this processing is performance of our contract with you.
- Attend our Global Institute. The Global Institute may be audio and video recorded and livestreamed for replay at a later date. In doing so, WCD will collect your image and voice for the live-stream and replay for the benefit of other Global Institute attendees. The legal basis for this processing is our business interest in providing the Global Institute in an efficient and effective manner. If you do not wish for your image or voice to be recorded or published, you can turn off your video camera. You will still be able to ask questions while off camera by chat or email to email@example.com.
- Contact us. When you contact WCD, send us a question or inquiry, or ask for other support, we will collect your name, telephone number, and email address. We use this personal information to fulfill your request for additional information and to provide any support that you may need, including technical support or answering your questions or inquiries. The legal basis for this processing is performance of our contract with you.
- Create a WCD account. If you create a WCD account, we will collect your name, email address, telephone number, and physical address. Once your account is created, we will store your selected password. We use this personal information to create and manage your account. The legal basis for this processing is performance of our contract with you.
- Donate. To make a donation, we will collect your name, billing address, telephone number, email address, and payment card information, including payment card number, CVV, and expiration date. We use this personal information to process your donation payment. The legal basis for this processing is performance of our contract with you.
- Present at our Global Institute. If you are a presenter at our Global Institute, we will collect your name, email address, company, title, telephone number, and photograph. WCD uses this personal information to manage the Global Institute and to promote you as a presenter. The legal basis for this processing is performance of our contract with you. With your consent, WCD may also collect your voice, image, and likeness from your presentation. WCD uses this personal information for WCD marketing and advertising purposes. The legal basis for this processing is your consent which can be revoked at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. In that case, all processing operations that were based on your consent and took place before the withdrawal of consent remain valid.
- Register for our Global Institute. When you register for our Global Institute, we will collect your name, email address, company, title, telephone number, and payment card information, including payment card number, CVV, and expiration date. The payment card information is collected by our third-party payment processor. WCD uses this personal information to register you for the Global Institute, inform you of any changes to the Global Institute, communicate with you about the Global Institute, and to process your registration payment. The legal basis for this processing is performance of our contract with you. With your consent, WCD may also use the provided data to send your marketing communications about WCD memberships and other WCD events we feel may be of interest to you.
In our processing of your personal information, we may also use the personal information identified in this section to defend our rights and the rights of others, to efficiently maintain our business, to comply with the law as, and for other limited circumstances as described in HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION. This is part of our performance of our contractual obligations, protection of legal rights, compliance with legal obligations, and protection of the rights of users of the Website and other individuals.
B. Information Collected Automatically.
In addition to the personal information you provide directly to WCD, WCD may also collect information from you automatically as you our Website. This information includes:
- Usage information. This includes information regarding your interaction with our Website, such as which pages you visit, the frequency of access, how much time you spend on each page, what you click on while you are on a page, and referring website addresses.
- Device information. This includes certain information about the device that you are using, such as browser type, browser language, hardware model, operating system, and your preferences.
- Location information. This includes information about your location, which may be determined through your IP address.
- Essential. WCD uses essential cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of our website, and to allow the website and its feature to function properly.
- Functional. WCD uses functional cookies to provide enhanced functionality and personalization, to remember your preferences, to diagnose server and software errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse.
How We Share Your Information
We share your personal information with our service providers and other third parties as described below:
- With service providers. We share personal information with third-party service providers that perform functions on our behalf and help us to administer the Website. The legal basis for this is our legitimate interest in providing the Website and the service offered thereon my efficiently. These service providers include Advanced Solutions International, Inc. (ASI), Affinipay LLC, Clowder, Integrated Data Technologies, Inc. (IDT), PayPal, and Zengagers.
- Within WCD. We may share personal information within the WCD corporate family, such as with subsidiaries, joint ventures, or affiliates, in order to efficiently carry out our business and to the extent permitted by law. The legal basis for this is our legitimate interest in carrying out our business operations efficiently.
- With Global Institute attendees. We may share an audio and video recording of the Global Institute and an attendee list with other attendees of the Global Institute. The legal basis for this sharing is our legitimate interest in providing the Global Institute in an effective and efficient manner to all attendees. If you do not wish for your image or voice to be recorded or published, you can turn off your video camera. You will still be able to ask questions while off camera by chat or email to email@example.com. To opt-out of the attendee list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With the press. The press may be present throughout the Global Institute and all sessions. If you do not wish for your image or voice to be recorded or published, you can turn off your video camera. You will still be able to ask questions while off camera by chat or email to email@example.com.
- In the event of a corporate reorganization. In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we would share personal information with third parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. We would share personal information with third parties if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings. The legal basis for this is our legitimate interest in carrying out our business operations.
- To prevent harm. We will share personal information if we believe it is necessary to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person. The legal basis for this is compliance with the law, compliance with legal obligations, and our legitimate interest in the protection of the rights of others.
- For legal purpose. We will share personal information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders, law enforcement or legal processes; to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or contractual obligations; to defend against legal claims or demands; or to comply with the requirements of any applicable law. The legal basis for this processing is compliance with a legal obligation applicable to us and our legitimate interest in compliance with other laws applicable to WCD.
- With your consent. Apart from the reasons identified above, we may request your permission to share your personal information for a specific purpose. We will notify you and request consent before you provide the personal information or before the personal information you have already provided is shared for such purpose. You may revoke your consent at any time.
Your Information Choices
- Cookies. All session cookies are temporary and expire after you close your web browser. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. To find out how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or device, and how to reject and delete the cookies, please visit: https://www.aboutcookies.org/. Please note that each web browser is different. For information on reviewing or deleting cookies from specific browsers, click on the appropriate browser: Firefox, Firefox IOS, Firefox Android, Safari, Safari Mobile, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Opera. To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s websites. If you reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, some features of our Website may not function properly. If you choose to opt out, we will place an "opt-out cookie" on your computer. The "opt-out cookie" is browser specific and device specific and only lasts until cookies are cleared from your browser or device. The opt-out cookie will not work for essential cookies. If the cookie is removed or deleted, if you upgrade your browser or if you visit us from a different computer, you will need to return and update your preferences.
- Google Analytics. To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add on.
- Marketing Emails. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided in each communication. Please note we will continue to send you notifications necessary to the Website or any assistance your request.
Rights Of Individuals In The European Union
Individuals in the European Union (EU) are entitled certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If our processing of your personal information is subject to the GDPR, you are entitled to the following rights:
- Right to Access. You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information. This right has some exemptions, which means you may not always receive all the personal information we process.
- Right to Rectification. You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to Erasure. You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Right to Restrict Processing. You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. See YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES for additional ways you can restrict processing of your personal information.
- Right to Object to Processing. You have the right to object at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to processing of your personal information, which is carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests. See YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES for additional ways you can object to processing of your personal information.
- Right to Data Portability. This only applies to personal information you have given us. You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us from one organization to another, or give it to you.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here. To exercise these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Long We Keep Your Personal Information
WCD retains audio and video recordings of the Global Institute for one (1) year. We retain all other personal information until the earlier of (i) the personal information is no longer necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was provided; or (ii) we delete your personal information pursuant to your request. We may retain your personal information for longer periods for specific purposes to the extent we are obliged to do so in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and/or as necessary to protect our legal rights or for certain business requirements.
Cross Border Transfer
WCD is headquartered in the United States. As such, WCD will process and store your personal information on servers or databases, and use third-party providers that process personal information in the United States. Please note that the laws in the United States may not be as protective as those in your location. For example, government entities in the United States may have certain rights to access your personal information.
If you are a consumer in the State of Nevada, you may request to opt-out of the current or future sale of certain of your personal information. We do not currently sell any of your personal information under Nevada law, nor do we plan to do so in the future. If you have any questions regarding our data privacy practices, please contact email@example.com.
Do Not Track
We do not support Do Not Track (DNT). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
The Global Institute is not intended for individuals under the age of eighteen (18). If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from individuals under the age of eighteen (18), we will delete the personal information. If you believe we have personal information on individuals under the age of eighteen (18), please contact us at the contact information provided below.
Security of Your Information
We implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices to protect the personal information we collect from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. These security practices include encryption and access controls. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the personal information we have collected from you.
Changes To This Policy
From time to time, we may amend this Privacy Notice. We will post the changes to this page, and will indicate the date the changes go into effect. We encourage you to review our Privacy Notice to stay informed. If we make changes that materially affect your privacy rights, we will notify you via email or prominent posting on our website. CONTACT US If you have any questions about this
Privacy Notice or our information practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified on July 25, 2022